As you know FUZION is all about education. In order to provide our patients with the latest in Medical Aesthetics our staff continually receives training in all areas of our practice.
We recently attended a multi-disciplinary conference on all things aesthetic in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our staff was excited to see the big city lights, take in a show and play some blackjack (I was the one most excited about the blackjack), but most of all, we were excited to learn the latest and greatest in aesthetic medicine. The overall take home message is that FUZION remains ahead of the curve! BUT that doesn’t mean we should rest on our laurels…. We always want to ensure every encounter our patients receive with FUZION is a great one.
Here’s our list of the top 10 things we learned, and stay tuned, we’ll be sharing more with you over the course of the month.
- People from around the world are just discovering the benefits of Sculptra, global dermal filler. We have been treating our patients with it for 5 years, with exceptional results. Did you know Sculptra is perfect for patients who have a significant amount of volume loss through the temples, under the eyes, hollows of your cheeks? Sculptra is a “global” filler, it works to help promote collagen growth which plumps skin. This treatment can last up to 2 years and sometimes even longer.
- Major, life changing, side effects are 4 times more likely to occur when dermal fillers are administered by untrained injectors. Always take the time to learn about the background and experience of your injector.
- Do you know about hyalouronidase? You probably don’t, but your injector should, it’s the reversing agent for Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane and Belotero. We learned it is only carried in 2% of Aesthetic offices nationally. This may mean that less trained injectors are unable to reverse an undesired outcome, or unable to effectively treat a potential devastating side effect. FUZION always has hyalouronidase on hand. If you decide to plump your lips using one of these fillers – Juvederm, Resylane, Perlane or Belotero, and after a few days you really can’t get used to the Lisa Rinna look, they can be reversed with hyalouronidase. (We can reverse other area’s treated with these specific fillers too)
- We know our patients have concerns about bruising, that’s the reason we have been injecting with sculpting blunt tip cannulas for years, when it’s appropriate. They cause less bruising, less pain and less potential vessel occlusion (blockage of blood flow). We just purchased a new version while in Las Vegas, so come in and give them a try!
- You’ll be hearing more about cutting edge age-reversing therapy—a technique combining laser therapy and HEMO-fil (stem cell/growth factor therapy). FUZION has recommended this for several years, because it really works. Acne scarring, wrinkles and crepey skin responds extremely well to this combination of laser and HEMO-fil therapy. The laser works to resurface the skin, while the HEMO-fil injections are working from within to help stimulate collagen growth. Collagen is that wonderful stuff that keeps us looking youthful.
- The “experts” in Vegas recommended creating a rewards program as a way of thanking patients. FUZION’s Fringe Benefits rewards program has been in full force for three years and has rewarded over $100,000 to our loyal patients. With every dollar you spend in FUZION on services and skincare products earn reward points. 500 reward points equal a $50 gift card.
*Elective cosmetic surgery patients receive rewards points too! (on surgeons fee only)
- The injector’s panel discussed the use of combining different dermal filling agents to achieve the most natural look. Many facilities limit their fillers to one type. At FUZION we utilize eight different filling agents to best meet your individual needs. It’s not about the “syringe:” it’s about using the appropriate filler(s) to achieve the best result for the patient. It’s not one size fits all.
- One of the lectures discussed the importance of educating patients and your staff. You should know that education is our most important job—our staff receives advanced education too! This ensures that you receive a great experience each and every time you interact with FUZION in our office, on the phone, via our website and social media. We are currently implementing new procedures to help you give us feedback on how we might help you more. FUZION will soon be offering the latest micro-needling procedure called the BOTOX “Facial.” It’s a process of tiny superficial injections which help to improve the appearance of the tone and texture of skin. Works great on face, neck, and more… Stay tuned for more information soon…
- Many people think that aesthetic services are out of their price range. After much polling and discussion, we were pleased to find out that our prices are very competitive—even on a national scale. These are our “raw prices”- not taking into account any specials, Fringe Benefits, Brilliant Distinctions or manufacturers coupons.
- There are many states working to make Aesthetic Medicine practices safer for patients. We’re proud to share with you Dr. Goodkind and FUZION are currently working with the Plastic Surgery and Connecticut Academy of Physician Assistant lobbyist, as well as state government to ensure that your Aesthetic Medicine experience is provided by a licensed, well trained provider. We will have more to report on this in the near future.
Hopefully you have learned a little from our Vegas experience as well. Remember, fall is the best time of year to repair your skin after the summer sun. Mention this blog when making your appointment and get a free gift!
*One gift per person. Offer expires August 31. While supplies last – gift cannot be exchanged/ returned and carries no cash/credit value.